View query execution plans and their statistics to understand how to increase overall server performanceMySQL is one of the most commonly useful and popular database technologies. There are several tools to make the process of designing, managing, and administering databases simpler. However, with so many alternatives, picking the right tool to meet your needs can be tough.
As a result, we’ve compiled a list of 8 MySQL GUI tools that are the greatest options for both developers and DBAs.
Let’s take a closer look at them.
dbForge Studio for MySQL
This multi-purpose GUI application is an integrated development environment (IDE) that includes a wide range of features and capability for MySQL database development and maintenance.
- Rich code formatting capabilities allows you to develop and alter code profiles in order to standardize and clean up your code.
- MariaDB is useful database
- Using the CRUD Generator, create result scripts for SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements to a SQL file.
For database architects, developers, and DBAs, MySQL Workbench offers a single visual tool.
It has a variety of features for creating, developing, and managing databases. It comes in three different editions: Community, Standard, and Enterprise.
The Community edition is a free open-source edition with a limited range of features, whereas the other two are commercial editions with more features.
- Displays the status and health of the server, as well as server logs.
- MySQL Workbench was created by Oracle, the same firm that created MySQL, so you can rest assured that it will work with all of MySQL’s most recent features.
- It’s compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
phpMyAdmin is one of the most widely used tools, thanks to its ease of use and the fact that it’s absolutely free.
Although it lacks several advanced capabilities that other programs offer. Its fundamental functionality is to allow you to develop effective websites without requiring advanced MySQL expertise.
- As it’s web-based, it’s accessible from most PCs.
- Easy to set up and use
- 80 languages (both left-to-right and right-to-left) are available.
HeidiSQL is a freeware program for browsing and editing databases, as well as creating and altering tables, controlling user privileges, and other activities.
It works with Linux distributions as well as Windows, but requires the Wine platform in this instance.
- Uses an SSH tunnel to connect to MySQL databases.
- Batch inserting ASCII and binary files into tables is possible.
- A portable version is available that does not require installation or administrative access.
Toad Edge for MySQL
This includes capabilities such as schema comparison and synchronization, SQL query monitor, comprehensive data import and export, database snapshot creation, advanced JSON editor, and more for database development and administration.
Toad Edge is a game that can be played on both Windows and Mac OS X.
- Comprehensive JSON data viewer and editor
- A session viewer that allows you to keep track of your current sessions, end them, or cancel queries.
- User assistance available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
SQLyog is a Windows-based MySQL management tool that comes in three different premium editions.
It also comes with a free trial that allows you to try out the software before buying a license.
Its broad feature set compensates for the fact that it isn’t free: you can synchronize data and schemas, schedule backups, import external data, and much more.
- User interface that may be customized with a variety of themes
- Shortcuts for producing SQL DML statements from the schema specification
- Multi-threaded query execution
Navicat for MySQL
Navicat for MySQL is a package of tools for database administrators and developers that works with MySQL, MariaDB, and cloud databases. A diverse set of features allows you to streamline the database construction process and boost your productivity when performing various management and administration chores.
- It’s compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Allows you to synchronize your connection settings, models, queries, and virtual groups with the Navicat Cloud, allowing you to share them with your coworkers at any time and from any location
- The Windows edition includes the ability to print scheduled reports.
Sequel Pro is a free MySQL database administration tool that lets you do anything from add, alter, remove, browse, and filter databases, tables, and records to run queries and more. While the other MySQL tools we looked at are compatible with Windows and other operating systems, Sequel Pro is exclusively compatible with Mac OS X.
The CocoaMySQL database administration application has been superseded by this tool.
- Using the TCP/IP protocol, it’s simple to connect to databases.
- Starting with MySQL 3.x, it supports all MySQL versions.
- It’s light and simple to use.
We talked about some of the different GUI tools available for working with MySQL and making database development and management easier.
There are two types of tools and editions to choose from: free and premium.
A freeware tool from one of those we mentioned would be a great choice if you only need the essential functionality for your database development and/or your goal is to get familiar with MySQL databases and improve your skills – for example, HeidiSQL, the free edition of SQL Workbench, Sequel Pro if you’re working on Mac OS X, and so on.